Boyana Waterfall and Boyana Church One-Day Hiking Trip
Час и място на тръгване
Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, has the privilege to be only half an hour drive away from Vitosha Mountain. This provides great opportunity for foreign visitors to enjoy both the city life and the beautiful nature that surrounds it. Vitosha mountain is home of the first nature park in Bulgaria. Its highest peak is Cherni Vrah (Black Peak) – 2… m. This trip takes you on a trail that reveals the hidden beauty of the mountain – starting from the amazing city view from Kamen Del Peak and going down to one of its gems – the Boyana Waterfall. We close the day with a visit to one of the most popular cultural sights in Sofia – Boyana Church, situated in Boyana district, on the foot of the mountain.
Eager to learn more? Check the itinerary and book your place today!
- 09:00: we meet at the assembly point – National Stadium Vasil Levski (the parking lot at the main entrance).
- Transfer to Aleko Hut in Vitosha Mountain.
- Start of hiking trip. We hit the trail through Platoto to Kamen Del Peak. This is a nice and easy hike that starts in the woods and ascends to a wide field of a protected area. It takes approximately an hour to reach Kamen Del Peak.
- We stop at Kamen Del to enjoy the beautiful view towards Sofia and capture it in photos. The area nearby is a popular paragliding spot and we may have the chance to see the sky above the city filled with the different colors of the paragliding wings.
- We continue on the trail to reach Momina Skala Hut where we stop for lunch.
- After the break we start descending to the Boyana Waterfall. It is one of the most beautiful places in Vitosha. The waterfall is popular both in the summer and in the winter when it freezes and is used for ice climbing. We spend some time contemplating and relaxing, listening to the sounds of the water, taking photos and truly enjoying the moment.
- We continue down the trail that leads us to Boyana district.
- Transfer to Boyana Church. We visit the church which is a cultural monument and a UNESCO protected sight.
- 17:30: transfer to the assembly point – National Stadium Vasil Levski.
- 18:00: it is time to say “Goodbie!”
One Person: 95 EUR
Group of Two: 55 EUR
Group of Three: 45 EUR
Group of Four and above: 35 EUR
The price includes: transportation, organization tax, mountain guide, mountain and medical insurance, entrance fee for Boyana Church.
The price does not include: food and beverages.
Your tour guide: Maria Dimitrova
Maria is a passionate mountaineer who graduated tourism with focus on Adventure Tourism. Experienced and open-minded, she will make the most out of your trip, enriching it with a blend of personal, cultural and adventure taste.
Your mountain guide: Borislav Dimitrov
Bobi is a certified mountain guide. He will go miles to find the best spot for you. He loves nature and adventures and he is the one to trust if you are looking for an experience to remember.
Clothing & Equipment
Comfortable shoes (preferably mountain shoes; sneakers)
T-shirt (short sleeved or long sleeved, depending on the weather)
Hat and sunglasses
Bottle of water (1 L)
Some snacks (oat bars, chocolate, dried fruits, nuts etc.)