Winter One-day Hiking Trip to Cherni Vrah (Vitosha Mountain)
Час и място на тръгване
You are thrilled by the mountain and would like to experience it even when on the run? Well, in Sofia you have that opportunity. Vitosha Mountain is only 30 minutes drive from the city and offers great hiking trails for different levels of experience. Because of its proximity, it allows the visitors of the capital to squeeze some adventures in between their appointments.
Vitosha is one of the symbols of Sofia and the closest site for hiking, alpinism and skiing. Convenient bus lines and rope ways render the mountain easily accessible. Vitosha has the outlines of an enormous dome. The territory of the mountain includes Vitosha Nature Park that is the oldest nature park in the Balkans. The mountain emerged as a result of volcanic activity and has been subsequently shaped by the slow folding of the granite rock layers and a series of gradual uplifts of the area. Cherni Vrah is the highest point of the mountain at 2290 m and is one of 11 peaks of Vitosha over 2000 m in height.
Join us in this one-day hiking trip to explore the beauty of the winter mountain and enjoy the best views to Sofia.
• 08:00 We meet at the parking lot in front of the main entrance of Vasil Levski Stadium and we take a private transfer to Aleko Hut in Vitosha Mountain.
• From Aleko Hut we head towards Cherni Vrah (2 290 m.) on a nice and easy winter trail. Once there, we stop for a break at the refuge where we can enjoy some tea and coffee.
• We take another trail down the mountain and descend back to our starting point at Aleko Hut.
• Our transportation takes us back to the city.
• 16:00 It’s time to say "Goodbie".
Price per Person
Guiding fee and mountain insurance:
One Person: 85 EUR
Group of Two: 65 EUR
Group of Three: 45 EUR
Group of Four and above: 30 EUR
- One meal (lunch)
- Winter hiking gear (snowshoes)
- English-speaking mountain guide
Price doesn't include: meals and drinks that are not mantioned in the program; tips for the team.
Level of experience: Beginners, Intermediate
Fitness Level: Fit
- hiking boots (suitable for winter conditions)
- comfortable winter hiking trousers
- trekking poles,
- water and windproof jacket
- rain cover
- winter hat
- googles and sunglasses
- warm gloves
- water bottle (1.5L)
- personal first aid kit and medicines
Your Mountain Guide
Borislav Dimitrov is an experienced certified mountain guide and chairman of Go-Go- Adventures – association for alternative and adventure tourism. He is passionate mountaineer and would literary go miles to find the best adventure treks for you. Safety always comes first for Bobi, so you should feel assured that your trip will be handled with care and professionalism in order to have the best hiking experience possible.